KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA
Nation - Religion - King
Ministry of Commerce
No. 329 Moc / M99
Phnom Penh, July 29, 1999
ON MEASURES AGAINST FOOD PRODUCTS
DEVOID OF APPROPRIATE PACKAGING LABELS
THE MINISTER OF COMMERCE
- Seen the Constitution of the Kingdom of Cambodia;
- Seen the Royal Decree N°, 1198/72 dated 30/11/1998 on the appointment of the Royal government of Cambodia;
- Seen the Law on the Organization and Functioning of the Council of Ministers N° 02-95 as promulgated by kram dated 20/07/94;
- Seen the Sub-decree N° 54 dated 22/09/97 on the Organization and the functioning of the Ministry of Commerce;
- Seen the Prakas N° 012 dated 13/01/1998 on the Organization and the Functioning of the Cambodia Import Export Inspection and Fraud Repression Department (Camcontrol);
- Pursuant to the need to protect the consumer's health and safety and to maintain good order in the circulation of goods in markets;
- And responding to the present situation.
IT IS HEREBY DECIDED
Article 1 : To ban the importation, circulation, sale, display for sale of food products devoid of appropriate labels or whose labels do not meet the legal requirement regardless of the health and safety quality of the substances.
The legal requirement shall be as follows:
- name of product
- name, address of person (s) responsible for the products (producer (s), packagers or wrappers or traders)
- quantity, weight, volume, etc.
- lot numbers and date of manufacturing
- date of expiry
- usage instruction (when applicable)
- license from the concerned authorities before products circulation ( if required and for local products )
Article 2 : To ban the sale of the pre-printed labels for certain specific food products.
Article 3 : Any food products already in circulation or displayed for sale without labels or having labels or trade marks which do not comply with the above mentioned requirements in Article 1 shall be returned to the proprietors for rectification in compliance with the rules and regulations governing labels or trade marks on condition that the food products do not meet the appropriate quality requirement, they seized and destroyed or flown or shipped back ( for imported goods ).
Article 4 : Proprietors of products found in violation of Article 1 or Article 2 shall first be given a warning letter. In the event of repeated offences, they shall be penalized in accordance with the law.
Article 5 : The Technical Director General and the Director of Camcontrol Department of the Ministry of Commerce shall effectively implement this Prakas in co-operation with the concerned authorities and institutions.
Article 6 : This Prakas shall come into effect as of 1 October, 1999.
THE MINISTER OF COMMERCE
- Office of the Council of Ministers
- Cabinet of the Prime Minister
- Ministry of Interior
- Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Ministry of Industry, Mines and Energy
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
- Municipal and provincial Administration
- Chamber of Commerce
- All Provincial Commerce Offices